Some people call me Heather, some people call me Vee. I am comfortable with both.
After brief stints in Georgia (where I was born), New York, Florida, Northern and Southern California, and a much longer stay in North Carolina, I found myself in Tucson, Arizona, where I have been living for nearly 15 years. By day, I am a media buyer/supervisor with a fondness for perfume oils, OPI’s Russian Navy nail polish, boots, post-punk and shoegaze and gothic americana, Caravaggio and Mucha, early modern history, speculative fiction, waistcoats, bourbon, wood smoke, coffee, and the color green. I am an Aquarius Sun/Moon with Leo rising living with a frighteningly well-read, sarcastic, and wonderful writer/gamer (and fellow Aquarian!) boyfriend, and we share custody of a black Lab/Pitbull mix named Oberon who enjoys w-a-l-k-s, vigorous and prolonged belly rubs, and splashing around in the pool.
You may know me as co-founder/co-runner of Vampire-Diaries.net, a fansite dedicated to The Vampire Diaries book series and television show, founded in February 2009 and officially closed in May 2014. I am also co-editor (with Red, my fellow V-D.net co-founder, and Leah Wilson) of A Visitor’s Guide to Mystic Falls: Your Favorite Authors on The Vampire Diaries (Smart Pop Books, available in Paperback and on Kindle), featuring essays by a wide variety of Young Adult authors, including Sarah Rees Brennan, Claudia Gray, and many more. I’ve been a regular guest on The Televixen‘s Vampire Diaries podcast and I Heart TVD Radio, and am featured (along with Red) in Crissy Calhoun’s Love You To Death: The Unofficial Companion to The Vampire Diaries (Paperback and Kindle). You can also find me in The Vampire Diaries: The Complete First Season special features (available on DVD and Blu Ray).
I’m also the co-author of Love You To Death – Season 4 and Love You To Death: The Unofficial Companion to The Vampire Diaries – Season 5 (ECW Press) with Crissy Calhoun, available wherever books are sold. I wrote the weekly The Originals In Review column for Vampire-Diaries.net during its inaugural season, freelanced for Alloy Entertainment, and wrote for Portland Book Review.
- Exclusive Interview: Crissy Calhoun and Heather Vee Discuss New ‘Vampire Diaries’ Book & Favorite Show Moments [Alloy Entertainment]
- I Heart The Originals Radio: Sinners and Saints (EP105) [I Heart The Originals Radio]
- I Heart The Originals Radio: Always and Forever (EP101) [I Heart The Originals Radio]
- A Chat with the Authors of Love You to Death [Nik and Nite]
- Chatting Vampire Diaries with LYTD4 Authors Crissy Calhoun and Heather Vee [The Televixen]
- Heroine TV Podcast #42: Love You to Death 4 Interview [Heroine TV]
- 10 Random Questions with Heather Vee [Wine-Stained Life]
- The Vampire Diaries – Ordinary People [IHVD Radio Show]
- The Vampire Diaries – The Departed (Season Three Finale Round Table) [IHVD Radio Show]